Monday, April 16, 2012

My little chef


While it's true that she's better at eating the pine nuts we toasted (that's what she's showing us in her mouth in this photo) than at actually adding them to the lamb meatball mix, Malanga Girl is quite proud of her sous-chef duties.

Sadly, I didn't realize until after we began our meatball rolling that the recipe called for one full hour of "mijote"-ing (roughly translated: cooking over a low flame) the meatballs in a delicious blend of tomatoes, more pine nuts and fresh mint. I'm no good at cutting corner on recipes, or apparently, at reading them through some nights. This meant our Girl had to go to bed before the meatballs were ready to eat. Malanga Papi and I, however, thoroughly enjoyed the dish. Now if only I could figure out where to get ground lamb meat anywhere but the high-end, gourmet market. Could it actually be true that you need a special grinder for lamb?

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Is she wearing a matching apron and chef hat set? Because I'm dying of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete